Find my Friends Iphone 12 makes it easier for you to locate your kins and kiths through your Apple device like an iPhone or iPad. You can just install or download the application and share your own location with your family and friends. Although, you must keep in mind that in order to find a friend, they must have this app on their device too.
What Find My Friends iPhone has to offer ?
Let’s talk about some of the basic features:
- Locate your family, friends and relatives easily
- Location-based alerts and notification
- Parental restriction and easy privacy control
- Temporary and permanent location-sharing
- Share location through email address or cell phone number
As you might remember, the Find My Friends app and Find my iPhone apps were combined in 2019 to create an app called ‘Find My’ app.
Why is it important to know?
If you are a user of iPhone 12 or earlier versions of iPhones then, Find my Friends iphone version is alright. But if you own an iphone 13 or newer versions, in that case you might want to switch to ‘Find My App’.
Although, you may be wondering that the ‘ Find My’ app came out in 2019, while iPhone 12 was launched in the year 2020 then why is Find my Friends iPhone not working in iPhone 12 ?
Well, if you were using the ‘Find my Friends iphone 12 app and you have updated your device, then probably the app has disappeared. It has been replaced by the newer app, which does not take the place of the previous app itself on your homescreen. You can always ask siri to find it for you or just look for it in the search bar.
How to Find my friends iPhone
Steps to add a friend in Find my Friends iPhone app:
- Open the app
- Click on add
- Select the friends or type in their email id, then tap the Send key or Done, to send your request.
- If your friend agrees to share their location with you, you will be able to see their location on either a map or list.
Steps to share Your location with people
- Open the app and select the ‘People’ button.
- Select ‘Share my location’, this will enable your location to your friends.
- Enter the Cell phone number or email address of the person you want to share your location with.
- Tap on send button
- You will be asked to choose for what time period you want to keep sharing your location. You can choose it for an hour, until the end of the day, or keep sharing permanently.
- After choosing the time, tap ok.
Steps to Stop sharing your location
Even if you stop sharing your location or hide your location, you can still see their location until they decide to do the same.
- Go to Settings of your device
- If you own iOS 12, then tap on ‘Share My Location’,
If you are using older versions of the device, then tap on the iCloud option and go to ‘Share My Location.
- From there you can just turn off your location
You can even Name Locations
Yes, you can also name locations you will use quite often. And you can create your customized names for such locations. You can do this by following a few simple steps.
Steps to Name location
- Open the ‘find my Friends Iphone app.
- Select the ‘Me’ tab.
- Choose the ‘Edit Location Name’ option.
- Select from Home, Work, School, Gym or None.
An amazing feature of this app is the ‘notification’ feature. You can get or share notifications about the whereabouts of your friends.
Here’s how to:
- Open ‘Find my Friends’ App.
- Select the ‘People’ tab from the menu.
- Choose the person you want to share your location with.
- Tap on ‘add’ under the Notifications option.
- Select ‘Notify me to get notified of a friend’s location change.’
- To notify your friend about your location, tap the other option ‘Notify Friend’.
- Under the when option, select from among arrives, leaves or is not at.
- In case of your own location change sharing select either ‘I arrive’ or ‘I leave’.
- Under Location, select your present location or select a new location.
Hope this article has answered most of your queries. If you still need help contact Apple Support.