My friend who is a new iPhone owner and owns a 12 Pro Max, has a screen full of multiple apps sitting aimlessly on the screen. Most of them are only used occasionally or never. Since I cannot tolerate clutter and disorganization, I suggested she must organize her screen.
But, she admitted that she does not know how to do it. So if you are also in the same situation as my friend, I am here to help.
In this article I will give you the steps about iPhone how to make folders especially for new iPhone owner.
How to create a new folder on iPhone for new iPhone owner
Even for regular iPhone users, its functioning could sometimes be a little troubling. With all the updates and new features, the new iPhone owners find it difficult to catch up at times. Therefore, you are not alone. So, here’s how to create a folder on your iPhone:
- In order to create a folder, you have to press and hold the icon of the app you want to move to a folder.
- You will see the other apps on your screen start to shake.
- Press the icon again which you were already holding onto and drag it to another app you want to keep it along with in a folder.
- Drag and Stick the app on another app, this will create a folder.
- Similarly, to add more apps into the folder just press, hold and drag them to the folder.
- The folder will automatically be named according to the kinds of applications it contains.
If you wish to change and customize the name of your folder, you can follow these steps:
If you cannot rename a folder yourself, then it is not really worth it. I always rename my folders with positive affirmations according to the types of apps that are inside the folder. For example, if a folder has all the apps that help me create things, I will name it as ‘I am creative’. This keeps me motivated. If you want to do the same then here the steps for new iPhone owner:
- Begin with, pressing down and holding any app icon within the folder.
- After the apps inside the folder begin to shake, you will be able to edit the name of the folder.
- Type in your folder name and tap enter.
If you have made enough folders but also have some extra ones which you do not use anymore, you can always delete them.
Here’s how to:
- To delete a folder on your iPhone, press and hold one of the app icons inside the folder.
- After, the icons begin to shake, drag them out of the folder.
- Similarly, drag out all the apps that were inside the folder.
- Once you have dragged out all the apps, the folder will automatically be deleted.
- You can either drag and drop the app into another folder of your choice or restore them back to screen.
You can also create and manage your apps more easily using an app called ‘free documents app’ if you are a new iPhone owner.
If you have never heard of this app and are a new iPhone owner, we will guide you through the process of creating folders using this app.
- Download Documents for free.
- Open the app and tap on a purple plus button towards the bottom.
- A menu will appear with various options, tap on ‘Create folder’.
- Once the folder is created you can drag and drop the apps into the folder.
To manage your files and apps better, you can also create folders inside folders.
- To create a folder within another, just open a parent folder.
- Tap the plus button, select create folder.
- Or, you can simply drag and drop one folder on another.
A sub-folder is created inside your main folder. The process is pretty easy. For a regular iPhone user, its easy to do and also enhances the way your phone appears. Additionally, it also increases the efficiency of your phone. Creating folders make it easy for you to look for applications, as they are organized. You can rename the folder according to the files and data that you store in that particular folder. In this way, a new iPhone owner can customize where your data is stored. Creating folders make it easier to categorize your items.